Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wet and chilly Saturday

Sugar snap peas, April 8 and 13
When I awoke this morning, I could hear the rain pounding on the roof, and I knew it would be a challenging day to join the walkers. But I did it anyway, knowing it was around Lake Padden, which we usually do twice. I thought maybe nobody else would show up and I could go home, but no, there were a dozen of us to walk in the rain. Not showers, but rain. Everyone else made a second loop, but I decided to go home instead.

My sugar snap peas, which I put in the ground four days ago, have grown an amazing amount, even though it's been on the chilly side with little sun. I was afraid I might have planted them too early, but they are doing just fine. I'll be showing you more when I can stay outside and take better pictures. The wind and rain drove me inside as soon as I snapped the picture on the right.
Blooms against a grey sky
I also took a picture last week of the first of these pretty blooms, which are now almost gone. They come and go in a flash, with green leaves sprouting almost instantly once the flowers show up. In my part of the world, spring is definitely everywhere around me. I hope my friends who are digging out from lots of snow (yes, snow!) will be showing me pretty flower pictures soon, too.
:-)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar