Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

La Fin Des Jardins~



















The gardens are almost all put to sleep apart from the ones at the very front of the house..there has been no frost here.. so I am leaving them until they look really really bad..I can't tell you how many trailer fulls..and wheelbarrows have been filled and hauled..
Not to mention leaf blowing.. almost every day..and the next morning a carpet out back again..the 3 century old maples just love to wall to wall us~ Oh but they are glory through the windows and reflecting on all things glass near them..~
Saturday was beautiful so I went to the market again..bought 2 little signs from an artist I favor~
The cyclist weathervane....well she just made me smile~:)To put that somewhere would add such whimsy.
Made Moomie Buns for pulled pork sandwiches..Did them in the machine..baked in the oven..
A friend inspired me to try oil paints..my mom was a fabulous painter..Fabulous..as in a master.I love her work..Anyways I bought a very reasonable set of Artist's Loft oils..under $10.00 to see if I would like..I had 3 small canvases here.
I used a pic of Lucas walking ..taken at Sandy Beach..and tried my hand.. I loved it..then I found out..you should Gesso a board..and use solvent for the first coats..so I thought if I loved doing it the wrong way..I'll love  it more the right way..I've tried a landscape and a sap bucket filled with hydrangeas..
Both are terribly pitiful..
And I think my love affair was temporary.
I'm so fickle..
But you should see them.So bad.
And my husband wondering how blue paint found it's way to his hands is just reaffirming my concern with oils..
So I went back to doing a small watercolor to encourage myself.
Why isn't talent inherited?:) Like a great voice..(she had).♥. musical talent..(she had..)♥.. art..(she had)..♥
Somewhere in our genetics..there should be one thing that you wished came naturally and more easily..to be passed onto you..
The Moomie Buns?
Anyone can make:)
Try them..they are so good..No great genes needed.~





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar