Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Leesha's Lacquer- Azure Azul and Boardwalk

  
     Happy Friday everyone! Today I'd like to introduce you to a new to me Indie Brand Leesha's Lacquer. I've got 2 polishes to show you today, Azure Azul and Boardwalk. Want to know something cool? This is a brand that's local to me! I love finding other polish enthusiasts near me. Now onto the polish.
  
     Azure Azul is a pale blue polish with micro shimmer and dark blue circle and square glitter. It kind of reminded me of cookies and cream a little bit during application. Not that it was chunky, just the color.

Blue-nail-polish-with-glitter
The photo was taken in a lightbox

     The application was smooth, especially for a glitter polish. There was no need to fish for glitters at all. I did do a little dabbing at the base of my nail to get even glitter coverage, but it was minimal.

blue glitter nail polish
The photo was taken in a lightbox
   
      Shown here is 2 coats plus top coat. Even though the glitters lay nice and flat on the nail, there is a little texture when dry. A layer of top coat leaves a smooth finish. I used Pure Ice Girl on the Run. My go-to top coat for glitters. It's quick drying and leaves a smooth glass-like finish.

The photo was taken in natural light

     You do lose most of the shimmer once the polish dries on the nail. But flashes appear when the light hit's it just right. I wish it was a little more evident on the nail, you almost forget it's there it's so sparse. But when it does appear it's a little surprise or the bonus you get when leveling up in a video game.

The photo was taken in incandescent lighting


      I think I took 40 pictures just trying to capture the shimmer. Angling my fingers this way and that. It's was quite the scene to watch.  I was finally able to get one good one. I did add a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust to my ring finger for comparison.  You can see how sparse the sparkle is with only 2 coats on my middle finger. Overall I really like this polish.  I'd just like a little more sparkle.

Boardwalk is a clear base packed full of yellow and red circle glitters mixed with blue micro-shimmer. 

The photo was taken in a lightbox

     Shown here is 1 coat of Boardwalk over China Glaze Pelican Gray. Did I mention this polish was packed full of glitters? I mean it is PACKED full. There was no fishing or dabbing required. And this is 1 coat! 


     I like the pop of color you get with the yellow glitters against the blue. The glitters lay nice and flat on the nail, but give a slight texture when dry. Again I used 1 layer of Pure Ice Girl on the Run to smooth everything out.

The photo was taken in a lightbox



    The color combination and the shimmer you get from the blue micro glitters make this polish different than others I have in my collection. I think it's a fun polish.


      Of course, I have to include a macro shot for you to enjoy. I have a feeling with how easily this polish applied it can be worn as a topper or alone. I like it as a topper, what about you?

     Leesha's Lacquers can be purchased on Etsy and cost $3.50/7 depending on the size. To keep up with the latest news be sure to follow them on Facebook or check out the blog.  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!











Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar